I Saw That Show
For all ages/levels
- To gain practice with comparison and contrast skills
- To encourage critical thinking about the role of scenic design in theatrical storytelling
- To foster personal connections between live theatre experiences and the Imagined Spaces archival collection
- Take a look at the list of productions featured in this collection. Have you seen other productions of these same shows?
- If so, choose one.
- Think about the production you saw. Visualize the set.
- Now take a look at the set maquette and related imagery for it in our collection. How do they compare?
Record your responses to the following questions.
- Describe the set for the production you saw. Write down everything you can recall. Use our Glossary to help you formulate your thoughts and clarify terminology.
- Describe the set for the production in our collection.
- How are they similar?
- How are they different?
- What do you like about each? (make a list with a column for both productions)
- Do you think one was more effective than the other in the way it contributed to telling the story?
- If so, how and why?